Happy new year everyone.
This is the first of many weekly reports which aim to keep everyone up-to-date with what is happening to OOA Tool, OOA09 and the portal website. First, OOA08 will become OOA09 for obvious reasons! The portal website is being renamed from Shlaer-Mellor OOA/RD Portal to Shlaer-Mellor and Executable UML Portal since OOA Tool now supports Executable UML notation. I'm keeping the name OOA Tool for sentimental reasons even thought the CASE tool will be an analysis, design, implementation and testing tool. These weekly reports will not be duplicated on the portal website unlike most of the other blog entries which are actually important technical notes.
The main achievements for 2008 were:
- major improvements to OOA Tool (now over 100KLOC of Java) including Executable UML support,
- portal website created,
- this blog created (which includes 16 technical notes),
- OOA Interchange Format released and version controlled,
- OOA of OOA released and version controlled,
- and fUML captured as an Executable UML model.
The main objectives for 2009 are:
- release Standard edition of OOA Tool 1.0,
- ensure portal website provides the products, services and resources necessary for users to actually use Shlaer-Mellor or Executable UML on real projects.
- add simulator to OOA Tool,
- finish translator in OOA Tool,
- release and version control Action Language,
- release and version control Archetype Language,
- release and version control Pattern Language while allowing users to plug their own alternative into OOA Tool,
- and release initial Java Software Architecture for translating a project into a standalone Java application.
And finally, I would love to hear from anyone interested in Shlaer-Mellor or Executable UML. Especially anyone thinking about using either on a real project.